Loose Change:

Posted by Rahul Sethi on 2:22 PM

i came back to Mumbai from Delhi after my wonderful trip to Pilani where i conducted a few discussions on advertising, web 2.0 and social media. I came via the Mumbai Rajdhani (liesurely, to say the least). On board the train that does Laloo Yadav proud, we were served our customary introductory snack. I wont do into the details of what, why, and how. 1 thing on the plate caught my attention - 2 little eclair toffees.





I often remember my dad getting me such loose sweets after he returned home from a long trip. He always told me it was from the flight. I always relished them. Im sure on my train as well there probably were many dads doing the same as my dad used to make their little boys and girls happy. But this is not only about them. I shamelessly shunned aside the sweets despite thinking about what i've just penned down. It must take a lot to be a father. You need to really stop making yourself be the center of your universe i guess. You need to care about others as much as you care about yourself. Its difficult. Thankfully i have a while to go. And miles to cover before i get there.

1 comments:

Comment by Anonymous on October 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM

actually, you (should) learn that before becoming a father - thanks to marriage :)

 

Post a Comment